Web Clinics Home
Define Your Audience
Develop an Inventory
Group Your Information
Arrange the Categories
Decide on a Name
Incorporate "Must Haves"
Do a Draft
Lay Out Topic-Level Pages
Create Your Content
2: Develop an Inventory of Information
- For each of your "audiences," answer 2 questions:
- What does the audience want to know?
- What do you want/need to tell them?
- It's important to ask both those questions because they will produce
- How do you answer these questions?
- Start with what you know about the audience - you probably know
more than you think!
- Talk to people in that audience - friends, associates
- Be sure to step in and coordinate, when two parts of your organization
have responsibility/interest in the same information
- Don't worry about having "holes" in your matrix -- you can go back and fill those holes over time.