Web Clinics Home
Define Your Audience
Develop an Inventory
Group Your Information
Arrange the Categories
Decide on a Name
Incorporate "Must Haves"
Do a Draft
Lay Out Topic-Level Pages
Create Your Content
7: Incorporate Graphics That Add Value
- This is so important. Think very, very hard about every single graphic
you put on your website.
- Make sure it really contributes something of substance.
- Remember to consider the impact on people with disabilities and
people with slow modems or PDAs.
- Use pictures sparingly - generally no more than 2 per page
- Sometimes just using a little color to set off a column of topics
or your title can make the page interesting, without making it too large
- Graphics should enhance the information - not confuse or overwhelm
- Graphic overload:
- Nice clean graphics: