Web Clinics Home
Define Your Audience
Develop an Inventory
Group Your Information
Arrange the Categories
Decide on a Name
Incorporate "Must Haves"
Do a Draft
Lay Out Topic-Level Pages
Create Your Content
8: Try a Layout and Do a Draft
- Now we're getting to the fun part--we're going to layout the website.
- Surf the web to see what you like, donít like
- Our recommendation? Start with a large pad of newsprint and a box of crayons!
- Remember - think about your real estate
- Try to limit your front page to one screen
- Make sure your audience will find the most requested information on the front page
- Use the same font styles and sizes throughout your site
- Be consistent--pick a font and stick with it
- We recommend a sans serif font, such as "arial" -- serifs can make words blur on the screen.
- This is a sans serif font (Arial)
- This is a serif font (Times Roman)