Start with the P's
Be an Advocate
Create ONE Site
Focus on Content
Keep It Simple
|| Rule 4: Communicate
with Everyone in Your Organization About What You're Doing
- Be a visionary--inspire them with possibilities
- Work from the top down...
- Get yourself on the agenda of management meetings - show them some
websites of similar organizations that really work and challenge them
to help you do the same
- Let them know what the web can do for them - what’s in it for them. Come up with specific ideas for each major organizational unit.
- Recognize managers and staff who do creative things with the web
- ...and the bottom up. Fan the flame of grassroots efforts
- If staff come to you with an idea, encourage them to develop it
- Try to create an environment where it's OK to experiment, to try new things, to fail
- Most of all, share your success!
- Whenever you have a success, broadcast it within your organization - everyone wants to get on a winning team
- Success begets success