Start with the P's
Be an Advocate
Create ONE Site
Focus on Content
Keep It Simple
|| Rule 6: Focus on Content
- It's the words that count
- Audience is coming to your website to get information - not to be
- If they want entertainment, they'll go to the Disneyworld
- Don't spend your time designing the fanciest website--spend your
time designing the most informative
- Make sure your content is what they want, presented in ways they can
- For every page, think about:
- Who is the audience?
- What's the purpose?
- What do you want them to do after they've read the page?
We hear that it's not access to the web that's a hindrance to citizens - it's the content they find when they get there