World Trade Center 9/11 Rebuilding Plan
HUD has provided New York $3.483 billion in Community Development Block Grant
(CDBG) funding in response to the 9/11 attacks. The funds are to be administered
by the Empire State Development Corporation (ESDC) and its subsidiary the Lower
Manhattan Development Corporation (LMDC).
The current status of funding is as follows:
- $700 million for ESDC - for business retention / attraction and economic loss compensation
- $350 million for LMDC - augment above effort
- $305 million for LMDC - residential incentive program, training assistance program and administrative costs.
The balance of the CDBG funds are not yet designated.
For specifics of each program contact
the appropriate agency.
- Empire State Development Corporation - WTC Disaster Assistance Programs (http://www.nylovesbiz.com/wtc/wtcintro.htm)
- Empire State Development Corporation Business Information (http://www.NYlovesbiz.com/)
- Lower Manhattan Development Corporation (http://www.renewnyc.com/)
- State of New York - WTC Emergency Information (http://www.state.ny.us/sept11/wtcframe.html)
Summary of HUD's Overall Response
Federal Emergency Management Agency Information (FEMA) (http://www.fema.gov)
For charity and additional relief information:
- New York State World Trade Center Relief Fund (http://www.helping.org/wtc/ny/nystate.htm)
- September 11th Fund (http://www.september11fund.org/index.php)
For related environmental information:
- New EPA Lower Manhattan Cleaning Hotline (http://www.epa.gov/region2/news/2002/02053.htm)
- EPA Response to September 11 (http://www.epa.gov/wtc/)
- Related EPA FAQs (http://www.epa.gov/wtc/questions/index.html)
Content Archived: March 07, 2011