Downloading the CPMP Tool
To download the CPMP tool, you need to have compatible zip software to uncompress the CPMP files. We recommend WinZip, which is included with Windows XP. If you do not have WinZip, you may download the latest trial version from the WinZip Website (http://www.winzip.com) for free.
Follow WinZip's instructions to install the software. There are other zip programs available on the Internet that you may prefer to use. Several are available as freeware. Once your Zip software is functioning you may then proceed with downloading the tool.
The reason for zipping the tool is two-fold. First, the tool contains 19 different files. A zip utility allows HUD to package these files into one convenient download rather than 19 separate ones. Second, compressed via the zip package the total file size for the download is less than 950K. Taken separately these files total more than 3 MB. The amount of time spent downloading will be appreciably less.
Downloading the Tool:
2. In the File Download dialog box, choose the Save option.
3. Click the Save In: Drop-down arrow to navigate to the location in your directory structure that you would like to save the tool in. Some people like to save files to the Desktop, others put it in the "Downloaded Programs" file or wherever you are comfortable and can remember where it is.
4. Click the Save button.
5. When the download is complete, click the Open button.
Unzipping the Tool:
1. Depending on your preferences, WinZip will open either the WinZip Wizard or the WinZip Classic interface. If the Wizard opens, click the WinZip Classic button.
2. In WinZip Classic, click the Actions menu; then the Extract option.
4. When the correct location appears as the Extract to: option, click the Extract button. WinZip will extract the files to the location you've chosen.
Opening the Tool:
1. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your copy of CPMP on your hard drive.
2. Double-click 1CPMP.xls to begin using the CPMP tool.
|Content Archived: May 9, 2012|