Home | En Español | Contact Us | A to Z 

Wildflower Estates, Volunteers of America-Dakotas Newest Development

Scott says its "like heaven." Scott recently moved from a group home to Wildflower Estates, the newest Volunteers of America Dakotas (VOA-Dakotas) apartment community. Wildflower Estates is a HUD Section 811 Supportive Housing development for persons with disabilities.
[Photo 1: Scott in his new apartment]
The new independent living apartment has greatly improved Scott's outlook on life.

Now, a fully equipped kitchen in his new apartment lets Scott enjoy one of his favorite pastimes, baking goodies. Scott loves baking, especially brownies and cookies and doing it whenever he wants is one of the things that make his new apartment like heaven. The other residents in the apartment share his joy and their new sense of community when they get together in the common area. Having his own apartment allows Scott the freedom to make his own meals and eat when he wants. He also doesn't have to wait for the shower, and most importantly, he doesn't run out of hot water.

[Photo 2:  Community room at Wildflower Estates]

Wildflower Estates has greatly improved the lives of 14 individuals who now call this home. It gives residents more control of their lives, provides them more privacy, and more freedom and flexibility to enjoy their lives to the fullest. On-site staff assists residents as needed and provide life training to further enhance their independence.

Wildflower Estates is the second of four planned HUD Section 811 housing options sponsored by VOA-Dakotas.
[Photo 3: Wildflower Estates]
VOA recently was awarded HUD funding to build another 21 units of affordable housing for individuals with disabilities in Sioux Falls.

Learn more about Volunteers of America-Dakotas (http://www.voa-dakotas.org/)

Content Archived: April 5, 2011

FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links [logo: Fair Housing and Equal 

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W.
Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112 TTY: (202) 708-1455