HUD Highlights E-Newsletter
February 2008 Volume 4, Number 2
Region X - Alaska, Idaho, Oregon & Washington
New Additions to Our Management Team
We are pleased to announce the arrival of two new members to our Regional management team.
We hope you will join us in welcoming Bill and Lee to the Northwest!
- Bill Fattic started with HUD in our Anchorage, AK office several years ago. A former Senior Community Builder and now an Operations Specialist in our Indianapolis, IN office, Bill will join us late next month as our new Field Office Director in Spokane.
- Lee Jones, currently an Operations Specialist in Richmond, VA, is reporting to Seattle late next month as our new Public Affairs Officer. Lee has an extensive background in public relations, including serving as press secretary to two New York City Mayors. He graduated from the University of California at Berkeley and Harvard, and his wife was born in Seattle.
Helping America's Youth
Watch the First Lady, Laura Bush, discuss the Helping America's Youth initiative on a live satellite broadcast on Thursday, February 28. Join us at our Seattle Office from 8:30-12:30 PST to participate. Space is limited, so register today!
- Email Terri.Krick@hud.gov or phone (206) 220-5364 to reserve your spot
- Learn about the Helping America's Youth initiative (www.helpingamericasyouth.gov)
FY08 Income Limits Released
We've just released estimated median family income and income limits for Fiscal Year 2008, which are used to help determine eligibility for many government housing programs.
- FY 2008 income limits (www.huduser.org/datasets/il/il08/index.html)
Reaching Out to At-Risk Homeowners
In the coming weeks, HUD's Federal Housing Administration (FHA) is mailing letters to at-risk homeowners who need a more affordable alternative to the high-cost mortgages they are currently paying.
HUD's Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) maintains all the budget and performance data for the Department. You can read about HUD's budgets, Performance & Accountability Reports, Annual Performance Plans, and more, on our CFO Reports page.
HUD Highlights is an e-newsletter from HUD's Seattle Regional Office about HUD news, upcoming events, program updates and grant opportunities. If you received this newsletter from a friend, and would like to receive your own copy, please sign up for our mailing list.
Questions or comments about HUD Highlights?
HUD Seattle Regional Office, 909 First Avenue, Suite 255, Seattle, WA 98104-1000
(206) 220-5101 or toll-free (877) 741-3281
www.hud.gov or espanol.hud.gov