INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT (IT)
The Information Technology Department's mission is to provide the highest quality technology-based services to facilitate the mission of the Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) as it applies to the entire portfolio of HUD affordable and assisted housing. REAC's team of IT professionals continues to expand the IT portfolio of REAC with new software development methodologies and technologies.
To meet this mission, the Information Technology Department:
- Provides effective technical support web-based applications and services to all business areas of REAC.
- Promotes and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of REAC through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develops, enhances, and maintains highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitates the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Provides capabilities including the ability to develop and manage the distribution (and marketing), through telecommunications technologies, REAC's programs, products, and services both within and beyond HUD.
- Promotes new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provides leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provides fast & reliable access to all information systems.