HUD Customer Satisfaction Report
Where We've Been and Where We're Going
As this report clearly suggests, HUD has made great progress in improving service to its customers. This progress has been made as a result of listening to our customers. A number of key actions have been taken, as follows:
- Developed customer service standards for the first time in the Department�s history.
- Provided customer relations training to HUD staff.
- Adapted programs to focus more on customer needs and to be more "customer friendly."
- Improved the two-way communications links with our customers, using new and enhanced technology.
We are proud of our customer service improvements, but we also look forward to implementation of further enhancements, including:
HUD does not take its customers for granted and
is constantly seeking new ways to provide the best service. We have made progress, but the real test of our success will be how you, the
customer, perceive our effectiveness in our service
to you as we carry out our mission � to create communities of opportunity.
- Improved local offices designed with the customers in mind, operating in a "place-based, customer-first" approach. These offices will maintain outreach and customer support operations assuring that customer receive prompt, timely service.
- Integration of customer service into all of our management and operational systems and activities.
- Development of a customer service guide for all HUD employees to assure that customer service tools are in the hands of all employees.
- On-going customer relations training to assure that all employees maintain a customer focus and a "customer-friendly" attitude.
HUD does not take its customers for granted and is constantly seeking new ways to provide the best service.
Table of Contents
Content Archived: January 20, 2009