1999 A-76/Fair Act Inventory
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) prepared its inventory of commercial activities in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Activities Inventory Reform (FAIR) Act of 1998 and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-76, Performance of Commercial Activities. Our inventory reflects a total of 9,424 Full-Time Equivalents (FTEs) as of March 27, 1999. These FTEs are listed by organizational component and by geographical location. A total of 6,024.51 (64%) of these FTEs are identified as performing one of the three categories of commercial activities and the remaining 3,399.49 (36%) are identified as performing inherently governmental functions.
The functions performed are identified and classified using the function codes and reason codes listed in OMB Circular A-76. The reason codes used are:
In addition to those FTEs performing commercial activities, our inventory also identifies FTEs performing functions considered to be inherently governmental in nature. These functions/FTEs are identified by "IG" in the Reason Code column.
The inventory includes two summaries of the Department's FTEs. One of these summaries lists FTEs by function and the other lists FTEs by reason code and then by function. Following these two summaries are detailed inventories for each of the following organizations:
|Content Archived: October 5, 2011|